Thursday, December 31, 2009

This Just In: Lincoln Wasn't Gay...

Of course not! He was Italian -- everyone knows that! Eventually, every historical figure and icon gets co-opted for the purposes of identity politics, and sometimes it just goes to extremes that stretch the boundaries of credulity and good taste. Like this one. The guy who wrote the article even points out the progenitor of the rumor doesn't care whether it's true or not.

Yeah, we get it, -- you're gay -- okay? You only talk about it incessantly, and even if you didn't, most of us can tell. Really. After 20 years of working with homosexuals (of all stripes), I'm pretty sure I could identify about 95% of the gay folks in a room, despite their best efforts to hide it. In fact, most of you make no effort to hide it at all. So, could you please stop? It's getting embarrassing and annoying, which is why no one takes you seriously no matter how badly you misbehave, stretch the truth or try to shock our sensibilities. You're acting like petulant children. It's why we don't care.

I do, however, care that you think I should care. What's it me if you're gay? Has no bearing on my life, and I already have my own problems, thank you very much. I'm sorry it doesn't make you feel special to know that I actually don't think about you 24/7/364, and I know it'll really stings when you discover that I'm no longer paying attention. I don't need to be told that you're different, and I don't believe in the formulation that your 'difference' entitles you to a special place in the legal system, and society. I also don't believe that your difference entitles you to extra-constitutional rights either, which is what the whole Gay Rights thing really is all about.

Hey, it worked for the blacks, so why not, right?

It's about time identity politics ended in this country. It's really doing no one any good, and it gets ever more ridiculous with each passing day.

(H/T to JammieWearingFool)

Update: More on the attempt to elevate "Muslim" to the level of a race. (H/T FiveFeetofFury)

More: Now the Care Bears are gay. Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I don't want to see such antics, and I sure as hell don't want my children to either.

>heroic effort to suppress full force of disapproving rant<

/fishwife off

Matthew Noto said...

Oh, do rant away. I might pay to see this...