Monday, November 02, 2009

Troof in Advertising...

I use Google-AdSense on this page, as some of you may have noticed. The ads are apparently chosen at random by some software feature which parses words out out of my blog, and then projects advertisements related to them.

Only sometimes, it doesn't work so well. Because software, being what it is, cannot always divine intent.

So, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I see a great big Michael Bloomberg campaign ad on my site, despite the fact that I hold the man in slightly less regard than I do dysentery. Please note that just because an ad appears on this page advertising "Pedophile Secrets of the Koran Revealed!", or "Earn a Degree in Transgendered-Hispanic-Dwarf Literature", and the ads appear next to a screed in opposition to those concepts, that it isn't my fault! It's the software.

So, I can assure you that if you ever come across a "Maureen Dowd Can't Even Get Butchy Lesbians with Scrofula to Have Sex With Her" post, know that I'm not advocating that you purchase the Maureen Dowd books for sale in the Amazon.com ad...

No comments: